If there’s a baby in your future… Choose a healthy life style now!
A healthy life style before pregnancy is a positive step towards building a healthy baby.
Planning for a pregnancy should begin long before a baby is conceived.
Begin with a plan to…
- Visit your health care provider to discuss your health and immunization status.
- Eat healthy and take a daily vitamin that includes folic acid.
- Have a healthy weight.
- Be physically active.
- Limit your caffeine intake.
- Learn about the importance of oral health when you are planning a pregnancy/pregnant.
- Have an alcohol-free pregnancy.
- Have a smoke-free life. Make your home and car smoke-free. If you smoke now is a great time to quit.
- Learn about environmental hazards.
- Have a “circle of support”.
- Learn more about preconception health.
Each healthy choice you make now makes a difference for your health and the health of your unborn child.